Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snail egg's

Oblivious to the fragility of their situation, Oblivious to hurt, pain, love, and their own creation.
Lying still, and unthinking upon the palm of one who is aware of what power befalls him, the destruction of life, however small and insignificant to one who does not think. 'What luck for you, that this hand was not born a bird, take rest, and dream up your shells'.

I took this photo in the allotment about a year ago. My brother Ben had picked up some snail eggs. I have looked at this photo several times since, it always makes me wonder how they are doing, you know, did they get into college, have their first kiss, stub their toe. If I bumped into one of them in town I guess i'd just say 'we're not so different, you and me'. And I hope that never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment